If your situation changes?

End of cohabitation

You have decided to separate. This is a difficult situation that can also affect your pension.

What has been arranged?

You do not have to divide your retirement pension. This is organised by law. Your ex-partner will receive a special partner's pension in the event of your death. However, if your ex-partner decides to waive this partner’s pension, he/she will not receive any pension from us after you die.

What do you have to do?

Deregister your partner with us by sending a letter with the following information:

  • the name, date of birth, and citizen service number (BSN) of your ex-partner
  • the date from which you no longer lived together according to the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen, BRP)
  • and, if applicable, your ex-partner’s decision to waive his/her right to partner’s pension

You and your ex-partner must both sign this letter.

Confirmation of deregistration

If you have deregistered your partner with us, we will automatically send you and your ex-partner a statement of the special partner's pension for your ex-partner.