If your situation changes?


If you are choosing furniture together, visit the notary together! If you live together, you share more with each other on a personal and financial level. However, nothing is automatically arranged for your pension.

What can you do?

If you want your partner to be entitled to a partner's pension in the event of your death, you must register your partner with us.

Certain conditions apply to this:

  • you have not yet retired
  • you and your partner are unmarried and not registered partners
  • you and your partner have entered into a cohabitation agreement, drawn up by and signed in the presence of a civil-law notary
  • you and your partner are not direct family members of each other

You will receive a notification from us if we have accepted your registration. After that, your partner will be mentioned in your Uniform Pension Overview (UPO).

Your partner is entitled to partner's pension as long as you are still employed. If you leave the company or retire, your partner is no longer entitled to partner’s pension.

How much will your partner receive?

The pension overview states how much partner's pension we will provide for your partner. You can view your personal pension overview online in Mijn Pensioencijfers (My Pension Figures).

What else can you arrange?

You can ensure that your partner receives a higher income after you die. You can take out insurance yourself for this purpose.