When should you take action?

Divorce, termination of registered partnership, or end of cohabitation


Your ex-partner is entitled to half the retirement pension you accrued during the marriage or the period of the registered partnership. You can make alternative arrangements with your ex-partner. You will need to record these agreements in a divorce agreement. You or your former partner must let us know within two years what agreements you have made, in order to ensure that the former partner receives part of the retirement pension directly from the fund. If you fail to do this within the set term, you will have to pay the part of the retirement pension belonging to your former partner to your former partner yourself.

Note: If you are you living together as an unmarried couple, you must make your own arrangements for the distribution of the retirement pension. The right to a portion of the retirement pension namely does not apply to unmarried couples living together. Part of the capital that had been accrued until the moment of divorce is intended for your ex-partner as a special partner's pension even if you were living together as an unmarried couple. If this does not suit you, make proper arrangements for a separation, have these recorded in an agreement or notarial deed, and send this document to us.


More information

The regulations set out precisely what you will receive in our pension scheme. The regulations can be downloaded here (in Dutch).